Hope everyone had a super happy 4th of July! We celebrated independence by Laney make her way to become more independent…potty training! Therefore, we spent most of the day in the bathroom or cleaning up from an accident. She did really well for her first day, but we were all pooped! ha!
We managed to squeeze in a little fun too with the beautiful weather! Laney would be outside 24/7 if we let her, which worked well on a potty training day. She loved everything about the poppers and sparklers – until the sparklers “pinched” her. Nothing some mittens couldn’t fix. She has been asking all day to do the sparklers again tonight. I know she would have loved big fireworks too, but we decided to watch them from the house to prevent everyone getting wet. :)
On July 3rd, our neighbors threw their annual 4th of July bash. Laney had a blast watching the wishing lanterns, playing with the other kids, and staying up way past her bedtime.
While I am here, I figured I would do a quick Laney update, so here are some random facts about Laney:
1. She has a new obsession with The Little Mermaid which requires her to have a “dinglehopper” at every meal – even at restaurants.
2. When we got back from vacation, she decided she no longer needed her bed rails up. That in combination with potty training this week makes me wonder where my baby went!?
3. She loves to be silly and make people laugh. Her imagination is running wild these days. And she cracks us up with random thoughts like, “Mom! Watch out for the monkey! He’s gonna get you!” Or saying, “It’s locked!” meaning her mouth when we are trying to feed her something besides chocolate.
4. Girlfriend still loves pancakes and would eat them for every meal. That and ice cream.
5. We went to the library for the first time in a long time recently, and she has loved reading her “liberry” books so much. Makes my heart happy!
6. She also has become a fan of Dora. When Daddy comes home or into the room, she says, “Oh no! Swiper!” And we have to say, “Swiper no swiping!” until Daddy says, “Oh man!”
7. Two other obsessions: the Old Navy dog and the Target “balls”
8. Two more obsessions: water and doors (still)
She is really just the best and we love her so much!