8 years today! I ended last year’s anniversary post with, “I am optimistic that seven will be our best year yet.” And it really has been an amazing year.
First our annual picture…it was a bit too sunny!
We chose to paint our 8 rainbow themed this year for two reasons.
- Hawaii – First, we had an amazing trip to Hawaii. I am so thankful to Kyle for the hard work he put in to complete his ChFC designation and get us there. It really was everything I imagined it would be and more. It would be a dream to go back and explore more islands some day.
- Babies – I remember when I was writing last year’s anniversary post I was secretly hoping this would be our year to expand our family. We’ve prayed for these babes for so long, and it’s almost still surreal for me. I would tell you to pinch me if I didn’t have my ever-expanding belly to remind me. We are just so, so thankful and excited!
Needless to say, the good of the past year has definitely outweighed the tough stuff, and we are even more excited for what is to come in year 8. I can’t imagine a better partner to share this life with – the heartbreak, the joy, and everything in between. I’m one lucky girl!
Not sure what we will do for Kyle’s favorite beach tradition when we run out of fingers in a couple of years.😉
We had a quiet 4th of July at home after traveling back from vacation. It was a beautiful evening, and Laney loved the sparklers and poppers. We didn’t make it to the big fireworks this year, but we had fun just the same.
Happy Father’s Day! Here are our annual Father’s Day photos for our favorite guy:
Previous years: 2013 | 2014 | 2015
I certainly can’t imagine doing life without Kyle, and I am so proud of the father he is to our girl. Can’t wait to celebrate him today!
And, of course, lots of love to all of the other special dads in our lives! Hope you all have the best day!
It’s hard to believe today was Laney’s last day of preschool for the year. We still have a little park play date later this week, but this was the last official day. She has loved it so much, and she has grown and matured so much since the beginning of the school year. We have been so blessed to have such a wonderful preschool program located in our church. I think she is a little concerned that she has to move to a new class next year, but I know it will be great for her to be one of the oldest in her class for a change. I managed to snap a couple of pictures last minute to document her change in appearance. A reminder of her first day is here. Her photo cooperation has definitely improved even more!
We are so proud of her!
Edited: Later in the week, Laney had a play date at the park. She received her end of year book, played with her friends, and said goodbye to her teacher. It was a beautiful, fun start to summer!
We are anxiously awaiting the arrival of baby Wagner around here, and we were super excited to celebrate the mama-to-be this past weekend. It was a rainy, cold day in May, but we didn’t let that stop us from showering Kyla with gifts and so.much.food! We went with the color scheme of the nursery (navy, teal, and gray) with a few bow tie touches. It’s always hard for me to decorate a space I’ve never seen before the day-of, but I still love the planning – especially when it is for someone as special as Kyla. We can’t wait to snuggle our newest nephew in a few short weeks!
We had a pretty great Mother’s Day. We had brunch, planted flowers and our garden, and enjoyed a beautiful evening outdoors.
There is nothing I wanted more than to be a mom in my life. I would spend hours looking through my mom’s baby name books and selecting the perfect first and middle names for my hypothetical children as a young girl. At the time, I never dreamed of the challenges I would face to become a mom, but I think that makes it extra sweet for me. Delaney Evelyn, I tell you this all of the time, but you are my dream come true. But at the same time, you are more than I could have ever dreamed. You are silly, smart, sassy, strong, and sweet all rolled into one beautiful package, and I love you more than words can say. Being your mom is my most challenging but greatest role in this life. I can’t thank God enough for you – my greatest gift!
A special thank you to all of the wonderful, amazing moms in my life – family, friends, and clients alike. I couldn’t do life without you!
April came and went in a flash, and I can’t believe I didn’t write a single blog post!
Here are some fun things we did:
- Laney and Mommy wore matching outfits to church.
- Visited Nana and Papa and went to the children’s museum.
- Laney adopted some pet “lady bugs” – both dead and alive.
- Visited Grandpa and Mimi, watched Annie play soccer, and had a mini high school reunion at a friend’s wedding.
- Patiently waited for our robin’s nest eggs to hatch. Laney LOVES her nest and checks on it every five minutes.
- Laney cried before every swim lesson but rocked it every time.
- Made our annual spring visit to our favorite park. This time we had a picnic!
- Laney found out she fits in the flower girl dress from mommy and daddy’s wedding.
- Saw the coolest rainbow ever!
- Played in lots of pretty spring flowers, but dandelions might be the favorite!
3.5 is a pretty sweet age! Our girl is so curious and funny. She continues to surprise us with the things she knows and makes us laugh when she mixes up words. She asks lots of questions. Like, “What color is Jesus?” (blue like Blues Clues, in her opinion) and “Why don’t I have a beak?” (she really wants to be a bird). She loves all animals big and small but suddenly has a fear of spiders. She’d rather be outside any day of the week and can turn any objects into a mama and baby for pretend play (including pieces of food). She craves constant company but can be overwhelmed by crowds. She still refuses to be friendly/talk to strangers but doesn’t stop talking once she has warmed up. She still loves all things music and would rather be at the beach (seriously asks regularly when we are going). I love hearing her sing, her snuggles, and her love for nature. She is my sunshine! We couldn’t love her more!